Suspected Concussion and Serious Injury
Education and Training
It is a requirement that all referees, mentors, evaluators and coaches complete the IRFU Concussion Education Module For Referees each season.
To access the module:
- Log in to Gainline using this link – here.
- Select Referee Development Resource in My Courses.
- Select Content.
- Select the IRFU Concussion Education Module For Referees in the left-hand column.
When a player leaves the field of play with a suspected concussion or a serious injury, the referee must submit a report to the Leinster Branch.
Referees must report:
- Any incidents known to the referee when a player was removed from the field of play due to a suspected/confirmed concussion, either by the referee, the team medics or team management.
- When a serious injury takes place that required a player to be assisted from the field of play and an ambulance was required.
The Suspected Concussion and Serious Injury Report Form can be completed using this link – here.
- IRFU Laws and Concussion Website – here.
- World Rugby Laws of the Game – here.
- World Rugby Player Welfare Website – here.